Re: ODBC problem

From: Joel R. Kallman <jkallman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:51:04 GMT

On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 15:08:34 +0200, Patrik Wallstrom <pawal_at_ot.se> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I try to access my test database on the NT4 Oracle8.0.4
>using ODBC. I have also installed the 8.0.5.1 ODBC client on
>my NT4 Workstation. When i make queries in Access, or any
>other ODBC application, I only get the records which I have
>inserted using the ODBC app. However, using SQL*Plus, I
>get all records inserted both in SQL*Plus and the ODBC-app.
>I have tried several ODBC-clients now on different workstations,
>and it just doesn't work properly.
>
>What can possibly be the problem?

About the only feasible solution I can think of is that the database user you are connecting to is different than the user you are connecting to SQL*Plus as. You probably already checked this (per your statement about seeing all rows when querying SQL*Plus), but it wouldn't hurt to check again.

We can also figure out what's going on by tracing ODBC or the database to get a crystal-clear view of what is actually going on. Have you contacted Oracle Worldwide Support about this issue?

>--
>Patrik Wallstrom
>Out There Communications

Thanks!

Joel

Joel R. Kallman Oracle Government, Education, & Health

Columbus, OH                             http://govt.us.oracle.com

jkallman@us.oracle.com                   http://www.oracle.com

The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation. Received on Mon Aug 24 1998 - 10:51:04 CDT