Functions to update database

From: Luis Díez Porres <0768495198#luis_at_cuende-asociados.es>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 17:59:27 +0200

Hi,

I need to develop a PL/SQL function that allows me to insert/update a table.
I'm getting an

ORA-06571: function name does not guarantee not to update database

How is I cannot update the database?
Do I need to change any initialization parameter?

It has to be a function, not a procedure, cause we're working through a third party product.

Thanks in advance.

--

Luis Diez Porres

Jefe de Sistemas