Anyone out there using RMAN?

From: Greg C. <gdclark_at_southwind.net>
Date: 24 Aug 1998 13:52:59 GMT

Hi everyone. I am new to Oracle8 and trying to decide the best path I should take for backing up my database. I'm working on a new DB and I've been writing my own UNIX backup and recovery scripts.

I've read the Rman doc and it seems kind of confusing also the people at Oracle support dont give the warm fuzzies about Rman.

Does any one out there have any experience with RMAN and should I be using it. Should I be using some other method for backup & recovery.

Thank you for your help. Received on Mon Aug 24 1998 - 08:52:59 CDT