Comparison of LOB datatype

From: ChanJeon Jeon <cjjeon_at_fkl.fujitsu.co.kr>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 21:55:12 +0900

Now, I am going to controling LOB Data
with using Oracle release 8.04.
one is about 3M and it happens 1000 pieces a day. the total is about 32 GB a day.

In this case, I have some questions.

1)how many REDO log file are made a day when saving as BLOB type ? 2)what are the differences between nologging and doing logging   when saving as BLOB type? ( numerical measurement of performance ?) 3) what are the differences between doing nologging and doing logging   when saving as BfILE type? ( numerical measurement of performance ?) 4)Are there specific examples about Backup and Recovery time   with using three methods above mentiond ?

I look forward to your answers,
and if possible, send me other related materials.

I am always appreciating for your concern.

cjjeon_at_fkl.fujitsu.co.kr Please send mail to me . Received on Mon Aug 24 1998 - 07:55:12 CDT