Listner problem ?

From: Jorgen Ingelstrom <jorgen.ingelstrom_at_hassle.se.astra.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 08:59:22 GMT

Hi !

I’m somewhat new to this ORACLE business and would like have some help with a couple of problems that I have encountered during last week.

  1. We are trying to install ORACLE 8.0.4 on a Sun Solaris machine. Oracle is up and running and we can send a TNS-ping through the loop-back to get a feedback that is running. But for some reason the clients can not connect to the server. The problem is that we don't get any error message from the listener when we run SQL-PLUS 8 / NET
  2. It just hangs like waiting for something, some resource like memory or CPU-time. The client machine is WIN NT-4.
  3. Another problem we have is with ORACLE 7.3.4. The error message "ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel" pops up when we are trying to connect a third part tool to the database via ODBC. SQL-NET and SQL-PLUS are working fine together and all ORACLE products (Enterprise manager etc.) are working as well. We recently upgraded the version from 7.2 to 7.3 and now this problem occurs and I have no idea of what to do. The ORACLE trace give no clue and the core-dump is just as informative as something written in Greek. The only way out seems to be to reinstall the thing but I'm hoping to avoid it. ORACLE is running on DEC in this case.

Does anyone recognize any of these problems ? Please let me know if you have any suggestion of solutions. Thanks.

Ford
Email: ford.perfect_at_mindless.com Received on Mon Aug 24 1998 - 03:59:22 CDT