Killing Sniped Sessions

From: Choon Leong <chuacl_at_iscs.nus.edu.sg>
Date: 24 Aug 1998 07:36:49 GMT

Hi,
  I'm running Oracle 8.0.3 on Solaris 2.5.1 using MTS. As I've set the   SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME to a fixed value, I would get sniped sessions when   developers left their connected sessions idling for some time. And when I   tried to kill the sniped sessions that are connected from non-UNIX machines,   the sessions would remain in the killed status.   Hence, I'm forced to kill the dispatcher process is handling sessions to   terminate it. (I used lsof to identify the correct dispatcher) Is there a   better way to handle this kind of situation? TIA.

--
Choon Leong Received on Mon Aug 24 1998 - 02:36:49 CDT