Oracle 7.3? Network Connection Problem.

From: Tom Orsi <torsi_at_zingaretti.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 21:15:41 GMT

I am having problems establishing a network connection to a 7.3 oracle server. The local connection works fine with the demo programs.

I have reverted to using tnsping to check if name I specifiy in the connect string is good. tnsping doesnt work either.

Using the WINOCI.EXE program in the demos I have tried connecting with a number of connect strings. ORCL, etc....

I also have looked in the /orant/network/admin directory that the configuration files to determine what connect string I should use.

Can someone tell me how I determine what port the Listener is on. I have it running on the control pannel. Also is the Agent reguired to be running for network usage? I am also interested in where I can setup a new connection string to allow a client to connect to a remote server.

 Sorry for the vague-ness and help is appreciated.  Thanks,
 -Tom- Received on Sun Aug 23 1998 - 16:15:41 CDT