sequences

From: bubba <brittonb_at_webt.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 14:20:01 -0400

I made a sequence for a customers table that is used for the primary key.

When I insert data using an INSERT sql statement, I can use the sqncCustomerID.nextval syntax.

However, I have an issue where we are using Access 97 to update some data.

How can I set a trigger so that oracle automatically inserts the next value into the primary key?

This is done very easily in MS SQL with the Autonumber data type.

Can somebody tell me how to do this in Oracle? I don't want to have to teach my users how to write SQL insert statements just to edit and enter some simple data.

brittonb_at_webt.com Received on Sun Aug 23 1998 - 13:20:01 CDT