Re: Getting this error with Oracle 8

From: Ali Khalil <ali.khalil_at_hct.ac.ae>
Date: 1998/08/22

Most installations of the Oracle database server offer a generic username and password such as scott for username and tiger for password.

Also, there is an administrative username = "system" and password = "manager" when freshly installed. That is the Oracle database server. If you installed Oracle DS then this should still be applicable.

Otherwise the manager password may be changed by your DBA.

Hope this helps,