Re: Installing 7.3 on NT

From: Takafumi Kamiya <takakami_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 23 Aug 1998 03:44:26 GMT

In article <yl37m09uhow.fsf_at_shell8.ba.best.com>, steffi_at_shell8.ba.best.com says...

>So when I've installed it on NT I have
>
>OracleTNSListenerorcl
>OracleTNSListenerdevl
>
>ie. I'm trying to create an instance called devl with database name develop

You mean, you already have OracleTNSListner service. You probablly also have OracleServiceORCL, OracleStartORCL You probablly also have OracleServiceDEVL, OracleStartDEVL

>What are the ways to bring up an instance?
>
>when I try from the SVRMGR> prompt
>
>startup pfile=d:\orant\database\initdevl.ora
>
>it says
>
>ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first
>
>My initdevl.ora looks correct to me.
>
>if I just type "startup" after connecting internal it brings up the
>ORCL instance

You probablly already have this instance created and started. You can shutdown by logging in to SVRMGR23 after setting the ORACLE SID to DEVL and issue the "shutdown immediate" command, then bring it up, if you want to restart it.

Not quite sure where you are and what you are trying to do..... Received on Sat Aug 22 1998 - 22:44:26 CDT