Re: Off-Line/On-Line Rollback segments question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:57:00 +0200

Things are slightly different
- Within Oracle Enterprise Manager, startup Oracle Instance Manager and go to the item configuration parameters. You will see the parameters from the server now. Beneath this window there is a button save. This saves your init.ora file to a file in the \orant\sysman structure. When you startup the instance, it will show you a list box with available configurations. I agree it is a flat file on a PC, I don't advocate throwing away the servers init.ora. You should probably make sure you maintain the configuration in one place, syncing client and server will be a bit of a hassle as you may end up ftp-ing files to an Unix system.
Just found out this myself yesterday. They don't seem to provide any doc for OEM in the Oracle 7.3.4 software for AIX.
Hth
Sybrand Bakker