Re: SQL Command Not Properly Ended (ORA-00933)

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 10:44:36 +0200

In Access Pass through you are still using the Jet engine, and ODBC.ODBC will interface with sqlnet. Sqlplus interfaces with sqlnet directly. Just as experiment try tracing ODBC calls (enable them using the ODBC applet in control panel) and you will see how your statement gets translated by the ODBC driver. Usually a pass through window forces you to use correct Oracle syntax. It is quite possible behavior at the Microsoft side has changed between versions (Acces 95 uses ODBC 2.5, Access 97 ODBC 3.0). In 2.5 Oracle syntax has to be correct including the semi-colon.

Thanks,

Sybrand Bakker