Re: Experiences with Oracle Advanced Replication?

From: <L.B.Vanting_at_t-online.de>
Date: 21 Aug 1998 07:26:01 GMT

Hi!

This should be no problem with Oracle. I assume you use updatable spanshots on your labtops and then it’s just a question of connecting the labtop to your
master (e.g. using dial-up network/RAS or plugging the labtop direct onto your network. I have don this from my private PC running NT4/804 via ISDN RAS connection. As soon as the connection was is established the transactions
were propagated from the updatable snapshots.

What is required on the updatable snapshot site in order to push the data back to
the master is a destination link using an Oracle built-in like following:

begin

   dbms_defer_sys.schedule_push
(

       destination  => 'YourMasterDBname',
       interval   => '/*30:Seconds*/ sysdate + 1/24/60/2',
       next_date  => sysdate,
       stop_on_error  => FALSE,
       delay_seconds  => 0,
       parallelism  => 2

);
end;

Here there are some tuning areas (delay_seconds + parallelism) which you can try out. With delay_seconds set to high value your data will be propagated almost synchronously and parallelism will parallelize the propagation, what only make sence with multi-CPU.

Regards

Lars Bo