Re: Automatic Starting Oracle Instance on NT

From: <mjain_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 23:48:18 GMT

Let us say that you have instance SID name as PROD.

Make sure you have NT services ( Start -> Control Panel -> Services ) settings as follows:-

  1. OracleStartPROD set as Automatic Startup.
  2. OracleServicePROD set as Manual.

Another thing you have to look is the command file "strtPROD.cmd" contains all the necessary information including PFILE ( parameter file ).

---Example of "StrtPROD.cmd" entry ---- Start ----

c:\orant\bin\oradim73.exe -startup -sid PROD -usrpwd internal_pwd -starttype srvc,inst -pfile c:\orant\database\initPROD.ora

---Example of "StrtPROD.cmd" entry ---- End ----

You should open this file using notepad to make sure it is coorect in all respects, as this will be used by service OracleStartPROD which starts automatically at the bootup time. The OracleStartPROD service then kicks the other service named OracleServicePROD.

Hope this helps,

Please let me know if this solution worked. Send me email at <manoj67_at_hotmail.com> or simply reply this message.

take care,
Manoj Jain
Oracle Certified Professional - DBA
Chauncey Certified Oracle7 DBA