Re: ORA-ERR

From: John Wilson <jwilson_at_napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 10:53:32 -0700

Steven,

This would seem to be ahardware problem. The last error indicates HP/UX detected an i/o error (the lines above tell you its a read error in data file 17 (system.dbf).

Do you have regular backups? Do you save the redo logs to tape or disk? Restore/recovery may be the quickest choice. If you get the error reading DBA tables and views, and not when reading other datafiles, then you really know the answer.

John