Re: data files moved ?

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:51:11 -0700

You sure that no one had mount the database, rename the datafile to a new position (and of course, moving it through OS command first). Or taking a tablespace offline, then rename the datafile in that tablespace (same here.. moving it through the OS command first). Do go and check the alert.log file. You may get some idea about what's going on. Other than that, I really can't think of any reason why the file can move around and still oracle is able to recognize it.

Winnie