Help w/ specs 4 App Server

From: Scott Felten <sfelten_at_pilot.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:11:59 -0400

Hello,

   We are creating a web enabled oracle app using designer/developer and Oracle 8. We researched the specs for Oracle's NT app server and they were really minimum.... 486 processor with 64 meg ram...

   I was hoping to get some input as to what is realistic. We will have the database and application server in Virginia with users in Ohio. I know that this is a general and wide open question, but can anyone be more accurate than a 486 processor with 64 meg ram...

   We were going to spec a 400mhz PII with 512 or 1024 meg ram and 6Gig HD....

Thanks in advance.

Scott Felten Received on Thu Aug 20 1998 - 15:11:59 CDT