Large Scale Oracle Replication Experience?

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 08:29:27 -0400

Our client has a set of (16) Oracle servers distributed world-wide, connected via T1 lines, and currently using custom built N-way replication. They are interested in replacing the custom replication with Oracle replication, or as a secondary option, a 3rd party COTS replication product. They may be able to reduce the number of server nodes, but probably at least (6-8) will be required.

I would be interested in hearing about experiences (good/bad) in employing replication on a similar scale.

For Oracle replication users, I'd also be interested in how the need for "quiescing" is dealt with in environments that must be available 7x24.

Please email me privately if you don't want to post. TIA for your input.

Peter Sylvester
MITRE Corporation
Bedford, MA
peters_at_mitre.org Received on Thu Aug 20 1998 - 07:29:27 CDT