Off-Line/On-Line Rollback segments question

From: <gilhirsch_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 09:51:35 GMT

Hi,

We've installed an oracle 7.3.3.X server at a remote site, and we ran into this weird situation, that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

Keep in mind that the only access tools we have are the Oracle Enterprise Manager tools (Instance/Schema/Security/Storage Manager clients, and the Worksheet) over a TCP/IP link.

Here's an overview of the situation:
- We defined 17 (RB##) PUBLIC rollback segments.

Observed behavior (after a couple of days): - Only 5 of the defined RB##'s are ONLINE, the rest are OFFLINE. - When accessing the Instance Manager, the newly-entered definition of the ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS parameter has been changed back to NOTHING (default value).

We have no reason to believe that anyone from the remote site has been altering our configuration, shutting down the instance, altering the rollbacks to OFFLINE state, or anything else we might think of. Based on that assumption, it's obvious that we're missing out on something...

Please, if any of you gurus can enlighten us as to how to solve this situation
- we need all of our 17 rollbacks ONLINE, all the time

Thanks,

   Gil.