Re: Oracle vs Sybase

From: amp-group <oamudipe_at_erols.com>
Date: 1998/08/19

Sybase has a specific server that is very optimized for datawarehouse called Sybase IQ. The product beats Oracle in any performance statistics I have had of when comparing Oracle and Sybase. Oracle basically has one Server for all situation, which is not an idea approach when you think more about a DWH application and other types of app. Contact sybase for more technical info.

Oliver Amudipe
SPS - Philadelphia.