Re: Rename Controlfiles?

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 20:21:35 -0700

Rolf,

I never tried to rename and move the controlfiles before. But I think this will work:

  1. backup the controlfile to trace
  2. shutdown the database
  3. do a cold backup on the database
  4. copy the controlfile to the target location with the name you want
  5. edit the controlfile and make sure that it point to the directory that you want
  6. open the database.

Please do make a backup of your database before you move the controlfiles around. Just in case.

Winnie