Rename Controlfiles?

From: Rolf Hauck <Rolf.Hauck_at_datenrevision.de>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:30:40 +0200

Hi,
I'm preparing for a re-installation of my Operating System, together with a changed File System Layout. This will include a change of all the filenames of our databases. I know about renaming datafiles. But the controlfiles also will change their path. Is it safe to just move them to the new location and change the names in the init.ora?

This is Ora 7.3.2 on Digital Unix 3.2 (moving to 4.0).

Rolf Received on Wed Aug 19 1998 - 07:30:40 CDT