Re: how to store special symbols in Oracle

From: Glen Upreti <glen.upreti_at_nau.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 11:29:48 -0700

the symbol you are trying to insert is not, as far as I know, standard in US7ASCII, so you should check what you set the nls_charset to at db creatation time by selecting it from nls_parameters and if you are using UNIX and did not specify another charset at creation time, then your default is US7ASCII and you must recreate you db with another charset which will accept that symbol.

Glen Upreti
Oracle DBA
Northern Arizona University
glen.upreti_at_nau.edu