Re: datafile erased and oracle doesn't want to start... How to erase the tablespace when database is closed ?

From: Mark Styles <lambicm_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 14:36:40 GMT

Jean-Francois Vincent <jf.vincent_at_platinum.com> rambled:
>Hi, a .dbf file of a tablespace was erased and now the instance doesn't
>want to start and stay started but not opened, so we can't drop the
>tablespace with the command DROP TABLESPACE INCLUDING CONTENTS in the
>svrmgr. How to delete the tablespace and restore the rest of the
>instance ?

you need to do a startup nomount, then go in and do an alter datafile 'filename' offline;

then mount the database, and drop the tablespace

Mark Styles
Spam my account, lose your account. Clear enough? Religious tolerance is an oxymoron. Received on Wed Aug 19 1998 - 09:36:40 CDT