Re: Oracle vs Sybase

From: Scott Gray <gray_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1998/08/18

In comp.databases.sybase Roy Ammeraal <ramme_at_ctp.com> wrote:
: Folks,

: Could anyone help me out with making the decision which database to use
: for a data war(e)housing project? Any tips, documentation, pointers is
: highly welcomed!

I don't think you'll get many responses to a question this general. It's kind of like asking which Operating System you should go with without describing what you want to do with it.

Most datawarehousing solutions are relatively complex and *very* expensive, so you are better off taking the time to talk to the vendors and trial the software. I know that a lot of vendors would even be happy to help you set up a test environment.

If, during your research, you come up with specific questions, we'd be happy to help.

But, I'm kind of partial to Sybase IQ :) (of course, I'm a little biased).

-scott

--
Scott C. Gray                 gray_at_voicenet.com     "my keybard is brken"
Sybase Professional Services  scott.gray_at_sybase.com