Re: Tools for Replicating Databases?

From: Alan Johns <Alan_at_tarragon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/08/18

There is a tool available from Princeton Softech (UK distributor - Tarragon Software) called 'Move for Servers - Oracle' This allows extraction of entire databases of data , or relationally intact sub-sets of data, along with the database objects. This extrcat can then be used to either populate an existing database elsewhere with data, or by using the extracted DDL as a model, build a new set of objects, which can then be populated with data. The data can be tailored at insert to suite the particular projects requirements. Dates can also be aged, either linearly or semantically at insert.

You can call me on the below number or e-mail me if you want more info.

Alan.
In article <35d92099.90208546_at_SantaClara01.news.InterNex.Net>, CHANGE USERNAME to westes <junkmail_at_uscsw.com> writes
>I am looking for a good third party application that can be used to
>replicate data among several SQL databases (Microsoft or Oracle).
>What is available for this?
>
>Whatever happened to Mobius Systems' Replicaction product, which
>allowed Notes databases to replicate with SQL databases?
>
>--
>Will
>Internet: westes AT uscsw.com
>
>PLEASE READ: to send me Internet e-mail, you will need to manually
>change the default reply address on this message to westes @
>uscsw.com, removing the spaces on either side of the "@" character.

Best regards

--
  Alan Johns
  Tarragon Software Ltd - UK & Ireland Distributor for

        ELISE - the MatchMaker. Software for recruitment, estate agencies,
                                dating agencies, etc from WCC

Phone: 44(0)1480 414141
  Fax: 44(0)1480 436869