utl_file

From: Datasyst <mailds_at_tin.it>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:03:10 +0200

After a lot of tests, I obtain these results: I have Oracle server 7.3 under Nt and from a client, with developer 2000 and Procedure Builder, I realized a stored procedure like this: Procedure Import(cPath varchar2, cFile varchar2);

in this procedure I create an handle like this; nhandle UTL_FILE.FILE_TYPE;

and I open for creation a new file:
nhandle := fopen(cpath,cfile,'w');

Here is Ok, but if I call this procedure like this: import ('c:\temp','pippo.log');
all is right, but if I call like this:
import('c:\xx','pippo.log');

the procedure exit for the exception INVALID OPERATION!!!

I have no more to try about it!!!!!
Note that the two directories (c:\temp and c:\xx) are on local disk and are not protected or restricted!!

HELP PLEASE!!!! Frank Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 09:03:10 CDT