Re: Oracle Enterprise Manager not included with UNIX version?

From: R.A. Khan <khan_at_informatik.fh-hamburg.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:21:02 +0200

Brian O'Neill wrote:

> I keep reading about Enterprise Manager, and how it is included with
> Oracle8 server. I'm running under Digital UNIX, and can find no
> reference as to where it is or how to run it. Is it strictly an NT/95
> thing?
>
> There is supposedly an Enterprise Manager Administration Guide, but I
> have no such book, either online or print.
>
> --
> Brian O'Neill - Director of Computing, Computer Science (978) 934-3645
> University of Massachusetts Lowell <*> Brian_ONeill_at_uml.edu
> Acting Postmaster

Yes, i installed as well Oracle8 on Digital Unix and where searching for several Days for the Enterprise Manager. I couldn't imagine, there is none for DU, and blamed me for my ignorance not to find it. After all i made a call to Oracle and they informed me, that there is none for DU ! I was supposed to buy a NT System and install the Enterprise
Manager on an Intel System for managing a several thousand Mark Alpha System !
Not only the manager, first i had to install SQLNET8 on the NT Machine. It was a big laughing and joy for me.
Now i have to look up an mantain not only one system, not only two but as

well on two Different Operating System's for managing *one* Database ? Hehehe. After Laughing i asked Oracle if this was intented to be a joke : "Come on Boys, tell me, were is the Enterprise Manager on Digital Unix ?"

The Reaction was not so funny. To come to an conclusion :

There is only a NT-Manager for Oracle8 running on Digital Unix.

regards

--
Dipl. Ing. Ronald Ali-Khan
khan_at_informatik.fh-hamburg.de