Re: Oracle NT ... database via Instance Manager

From: jhy <jhy_at_earthling.net>
Date: 19 Aug 1998 01:06:27 GMT

Well, no, the installation procedure already creates a database for the ORCL instance. You need to create a new instance, then use whatever tool/script to create your new database. With Oracle 7.3 I use Oradim73 to create a new instance, then I connect to the new instance using svmgr23 and run a modified version of the buildall.sql and build_db.sql scripts. These scripts can be found in ORANT\RDBMS73\ADMIN. With Oracle 8.0.4, the Database Assistant Tools does it all.