Oracle-Web Licensing costs

From: Jeff Beer <jbeer_at_enteract.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:29:45 -0500

Hello all,

After three hours on the phone with Oracle, I still have no clue how much I'll have to pay to offer Oracle support through our ISP.

Microsoft has their Internet Connector license for $2,800.

Oracle tells me that I need to pay a license fee for each 'user', though even they can not describe what truly constitues a 'user'.

All we want to do is have myabe five seats internally for maintenance and admin - no app development, etc, and then let our web hosting clients run their databases through ODBC... seems simple enough to me.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks in advance for any help - I am completely lost :-) Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 17:29:45 CDT