SCN and User Sessions...

From: Graham Thornton <nero_at_nospam.chicagonet.net>
Date: 18 Aug 1998 21:23:21 GMT

I think this must be an "elementary DBA" type question, but I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere....

Is there a method to find out the last few system change numbers (SCNs) for a given user.

For example, let's say user FRED decideds to update the SALARY table and give all 10,000 employees a 30% raise (yipee!), then commits without thinking. Is not the best method to fix this problem to restore the database from an earlier backup, and then roll-forward to the SCN right before the one that mucked things up? - and if so, how the heck do I find out what SCN was responsible for the change?

I was expecting there to be a V$ view that included user-id or session-id and the last SCN for that user/session.

Thanks in advance.

Graham.

remove the .nospam from the E-mail address to reply. Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 16:23:21 CDT