Re: full table scan performance

From: Olivier Bercovitz <oberco_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 22:54:36 +0200

Hi Dean,

perhaps it's normal depending on the time parsing.

Analyze your query with tkprof (and init.ora parameter : timed_statitics on) to get the time of the parsing

Or to see if it's due to the parse, after executing twice (or more) your statement, then
change it a little like that to force a parse again :  select *
 from TABLE_1 where 1 = 1

Hope this help's

Regards. Olivier