Are you Connect Internal Compliant?

From: <nasof_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 19:38:40 GMT

I often see posts about the Oracle "Internal" user and I just thought I'd make everyone aware (that doesn't know already) that it will become unsupported soon. I know alot of DBAs have CONNECT INTERNAL hardcoded into scripts...

Here's some verbage from Oracle8 release notes:

CONNECT INTERNAL is currently supported for backwards compatibility only. CONNECT INTERNAL will be completely desupported in the first maintenance release after Oracle8.1, so that CONNECT INTERNAL may no longer be used to connect to Oracle. If you have not done so already, you should plan to migrate your applications to use other connection syntax.

-Frank

http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp Create Your Own Free Member Forum Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 14:38:40 CDT