Re: 8.0.3 Enterprise Server - login info question

From: Mark Moody <mcmoody_at_no.spam.wcc.com>
Date: 18 Aug 1998 19:09:42 GMT

If you are talking about Enterprise Manager? Do you have "applets" in your Enterprise Manager "group" of: Backup Manager, Instance Manager, Enterprise Manager, Lock Manager, Schema Manager, Software Manager, Storage Manager, Security Manager, and Tablespace Mananger? Those are the "applets" that I see when in version 1.2.2 of Enterprise Manager. Enterprise Manager version 1.3.6 has similar "applets", I believe that Oracle 8 comes with a newer version of Enterprise Manager with different "applets". Anyhow, the login dialog that you are presented with will ask you to login to an Oracle Database - normally done with the system userid.

Many of the "applets" in Enterprise Manager will also ask you to login to an Oracle Enterprise Manager repository as well. You will have to read the doc on how to setup an Oracle Enterprise Manager repository. It basically involves setting up a separate userid and tablespace and running an Oracle-provided script to create the appropriate database objects.

Hope this helps!

--
Mark Moody
Oracle DBA

surgeon <serge.m_at_usa.net> wrote in article <35ce7044.0_at_news.inch.com>...