Re: Security and Web Application Server

From: Michael Rothwell <michael_rothwell_at_non-hp-usa-om46.om.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:01:38 -0700

Phil Herring wrote:

> 2. Shut off *all* other network services on your web server (inetd, lockd,
> statd, sendmail, etc.), and all unnecessary network services on your
> database server. Turn off the admin web listener.

I have a system that is set up much like you have outlined ( almost identical ). I have a problem though when I turn off the Admin Web Listener. If I shut it down, the other listener I have just hangs. I ended up locking up files that the Admin listener can access to not allow others to to anything. I would still like to shut down the Admin listener, but dont know what I have configured wrong.

Thanks for any advice.

Michael. Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 12:01:38 CDT