When OracleTNSListner<SID>?

From: Robert Nicholson <steffi_at_shell8.ba.best.com>
Date: 18 Aug 1998 10:02:46 -0700

Ok when does the above get created?

I just used

D:\>oradim73 -new -sid DEVL -intpwd XXXXX -startmode auto -pfile d:\orant\database\initdevl.ora

to create my instance and I can see that both services were added and are set to startup automatically.

when or what creates a persistent listener for my sid? I have a listener.ora that includes my sid in the sid_list but currently the only way I can start listeners is via

lsnrctrl> start

I can see that OracleTNSListener and OracleTNSListenerorcl (don't know why that's lower case) are created but they are manual meaning that lsnrctrl starts them up but what I'd like is something that automatically starts up all appropriate listners. Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 12:02:46 CDT