ORA_SHUTDOWN purpose

From: Jim Poe <jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:27:29 -0700

In Getting Started, the section on Shutting Down a Database By Stopping a Service, explains that the database will be shut down when the associated service is terminated if the ORA_SHUTDOWN registry entry is set to TRUE.

My impression from the reading, is that this is intended to work if you are using the Control Panel application to manually shutdown the service. Will this also take place when NT is shutdown? Will NT provide enough time in the shutdown to terminate 5 databases?

Or, should we still shutdown the databases manually before we shutdown NT.

--
Jim Poe
<jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com>