Re: PL/SQL table question...

From: <luzny_at_dcit.cz>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 13:25:56 GMT

I have read, that to monitor user memory is needed to look into the v$sesstat view for statistic "session uga memory" and "session pga memory". To free unused memory call the procedure free_unused_memory located in the package dbms_session, but remember, that definition of "unused memory" is not clean enough, so you have to experiment.

In case of dedicated server, the unused memory is returned to the OS, in case of MTS it is returned to the shared pool.

Jano Luzny