Re: fast refresh 7.3 to 8.0.4 problem

From: <esiyuri_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:22:24 GMT

> I created the snapshot with 'refresh fast' and 'with ROWID'. This initial
> create works (because it is a complete refresh) but when I do 'exec
> dbms_refresh.refresh(....)' I get ORA-12004 Cannot do a FAST REFRESH ....

Did you create the snapshot log *after* you created the snapshot? If so I believe that the first refresh will have to be "complete". Thereafter a fast refresh should work.

I usually get around this problem in programs by trying a fast refresh first. If this fails (ie catch the ORA-12004 exception) then try a complete refresh. If that fails, then return an error to the user/operator.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Yuri McPhedran