Re: Oracle NT Services

From: Rod Stewart <stewartr_at_dynamite.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 18:37:38 +1000

Hi,

Your database will not start automatically if there is no start service. =  When I create a new instance on NT (for 7.3 anyway), I use the ORADIM73 = command to create the two services, ie the actual instance service and = the start service. I noticed however that when I create the instance = service with oradim73 that a cmd file is also created in the = %home%\database directory that contains the oradim command for creating = the start service. The command on a database I have running with a = default SID of ORCL looks like this:

d:\orant\bin\oradim73.exe -startup -sid ORCL -usrpwd oracle -starttype = srvc,inst -pfile d:\orant\database\initorcl.ora

This creates the start service.

Hope this helps

Rod Stewart
Sigrid Freidinger wrote in message <35D932C7.BE99BF63_at_oen.siemens.de>...

    Hi,
    did you tell the system to start the services automatically?? This = you would have done during the generation of the instance. Now you may = check it or change it, via the services window.

    Greetings
    Sigrid Freidinger

    Dave Siddons wrote:

     I have created a new instance on an NT server and the only service = I can see running is the instance itself. Other oracle instances on the = same server also have a crresponding 'start' service. I assume that this = 'start' service is used to start the database when NT is brought up. = When restarting the NT server it is only my instance that does not = start. Is this due to this missing service, if so how do I create it as = can not find the relevant documentation. Cheers .... Dave S            Received on Tue Aug 18 1998 - 03:37:38 CDT