Count

From: Ivan Bajon <ib_at_ed.dk>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:16:49 +0200

I'm having problems formulating a select statement with the count function. I have a query where a lot of columns are selected - some of which are concatenated. I can't write:

select count(distinct field1, field2, field3||field4, field5, etc.) from some_tables
where something=something

I tried taking the original select statement and putting a count around it but I can't seem to make it work. All I want to know is how many rows will be selected. I bet there's a beatiful way of formulating this. Would anyone care to comment please?