Re: OWAS 3.0 / 3.0.1

From: oracle <oracle8_at_nettwerk.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:35:20 -0700

Brendan Newman wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I installed Oracle 7.3.3 for NT and Web Application Server 3.0.1 (and
> used the default OWAS spy glass listener). Now for the problem: every time
> I try to reach the admin site or the www site, http://<my computer>:8888/ it
> tells me "The request did not specify a valid virtual host."
>
> The only thing I can think of is that I had originally installed the NT
> Option Pack. I recently uninstalled it, but I think it leaves some residue
> behind, such as DLLs and OCXs. I don't want to re-install NT from scratch.
>
> Any help on this matter is appreciated. Thanks. Brendan

Hi there-

The problem you are experiencing has to do with the URL that you are using to access the machine. If your machine's name is "foo.mydomain.org", and this is what you defined during your initial installation, then you MUST use the URL http://foo.mydomain.org:8888 to access the admin pages. If you want to access these pages using an alias and/or IP address, you have to specifiy each of them in the svadmin.cfg file. You can add the line to the one that is already there, or you can rename the host name of the one that is already there. The host names aren't case sensitive.

Hope this helps...

...jeff Received on Mon Aug 17 1998 - 19:35:20 CDT