Validating A Date Variable

From: <staylor_at_petrolsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 23:12:16 GMT

Hi there,

  I'm kinda a lazy bum, so I'm hoping there's an easy way to do this: I'm creating a Web Application with OWAS 3.0 and I used the built-in function "OWA_UTIL.CHOOSE_DATE" which creates a drop-down list for the user to select a date. It then puts this in a variable. What I'm wondering is this: Is there some kind of built-in function in OWAS or in Oracle that allows you to check if the input is a valid date? i.e., if the user enters February 30, I'll know that it's incorrect. I know it probably wouldn't be too hard to write the function, but it would save me time if there's already a built-in one.

Thanks,

Scott Taylor
Petrolsoft Corporation