Re: fast refresh 7.3 to 8.0.4 problem

From: <ronb_at_digitalmarket.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 21:55:01 GMT

I solved my own problem, but in case anyone else runs into this, here is what happened (you can have this info for free...I love you all)

There must be a bug in the procedure dbms_refresh.refresh because a complete refresh works but a fast refresh does not. I had received all the solutions for the ORA-12004 message from support, but none of them worked. The last suggestion they sent me did point me in the right direction.

The snapshot must be owned by the same account name as the snapshot log. I had the snapshot log on the 7.3.3 master database being owned by 'ACCOUNT1' but on the replication database (8.0.4) I created the snapshot in account 'ACCOUNT2'. Although a complete refresh will work, a fast refresh will not. Although the db link is pointing to the correct account on the master database, the dbms_refresh.refresh procedure was looking for the snapshot log in ACCOUNT2 on the master database i.e. ACCOUNT2.MLOG$_tablename

Ron Bogdanoff