NEED: more Effiency

From: Seth E. Broomer <broomers_at_ucsub.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:11:59 -0600

Hi,

        I am querying about 10 tables that through one way or another are related to each other, My total amount of records that I'm extracting from all of these tables are aroud 500,000. Right now I pull as many records as i can from one table to set up all the other relations. I then use cursors to fetch the other records in the other tables into my new table and update those records,

It takes days to do 500,000 records. How can I make this process go faster?

thanks

seth Received on Mon Aug 17 1998 - 13:11:59 CDT