Postcode lookup software?

From: Russell Fray <russ_at_u-net.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:03:54 GMT

Hi,

My company uses a web based (Oracle Web App) database running on Solaris 2.6, using Oracle 8.0.4.0.0.

I need to implement a postcode lookup mechanism in to this to facilitate customer entry, ie, rather than asking a customer for the full address they ask for the postcode, and the rest of the address (bar house number) is returned.

What I would ideally like is a piece of software than can sit on the Solaris box and answer queries, either in the form of C or Perl, or some third party service which responds to tcp/ip requests. The results need to be near instantaneous.

If anybody can point me in the right direction of such a piece of software I would be very grateful.

Please cc replies to russ_at_u-net.net

Thanks,
Russ. Received on Mon Aug 17 1998 - 06:03:54 CDT