Re: How can i change the MAXEXTENTS ??

From: EXE <exe_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 00:07:21 -0700

> Hi All, I got into the problem with the MAXEXTENTS of the table. It has
> reached to its maxlevel of the 121/121. How can I increase it?? Has anybody
> know the syntex for it ? How it affects to performace? And what is the
> recommanded number oof extents for a table??

The best advice I can give you is DON'T. 121 extents means terrible performance. In fact even though Oracle will now allow you to have billions of extents the only thing this will do is make your system performance drop threw the floor.

Drop the table and recreate it with the correct sizing for the first extent. If you have data that you don't want to back up then create a new table, move the data, and then rename it.

Regards,

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Aug 17 1998 - 02:07:21 CDT