Re: Does Oracle8 support native crosstab queries?

From: EXE <exe_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 23:52:42 -0700

> Does Oracle8 have a native crosstab query capability (i.e. MS Access:
> TRANSFORM - SELECT - PIVOT)? I'm testing "generating SQL at runtime"
> to emulate this function.

Others have suggested DECODE and that is often the answer but in some cases it just won't do the job. I have created crosstabs on huge VM Oracle instances using dynamic SQL and while it has its weaknesses (speed and memory) it allows you to do just about anything you can dream up.

Regards,

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Mon Aug 17 1998 - 01:52:42 CDT