Re: distributed database option

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 19:51:45 -0700

I used to have the same problem. When you tried to update two tables on different instance without a commit in the middle, oracle will think that they are one transaction and gotta have distributed option installed in order to update/insert/delete more than one instance in a "single" transaction. Frankly speaking, I still have not find a way to get around with this. if you can allow to update the tables between the instances once every few days. I will suggest you to create a snapshot between those tables.

Winnie