Re: Oracle NT ... database via Instance Manager

From: David <darussell_at_msn.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 21:26:28 +0100

Umm a little confusion here.

In Oracle7 the GUI version of oradim73 (NT instance manager) is fully supported for creating databases. These database are bare, i.e all they contain is a system tablespace, you will have to create your own tablespaces and rollback segments. I would recommend doing this via the buildall.sql script.

In Oracle8 the GUI version of the oradim80 (NT instance manager) is NOT supported (as described in the getting started guide). I would recommend the Database Assistant, which is a Java tool that also create you tablespaces.

Regards
David Russell

jhy wrote in message <35D7038E.A2964669_at_earthling.net>...
>What version of Oracle are you using? In 8.0.4 the instance manager is
>better. In 7.2, I thought it was a POS. If you used it to set your
parameter
>files then a) it didn't give you access to all the parameters and b)
instance